Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ironies

I've been realizing the incongruity of it all... describing Gardom as a small remaining piece of paradise, all the while discussing in a matter of fact way the incipient use of a potent chemical which will be lethal to a considerable portion of the wildlife that inhabits the lake.

The fact that I'm posting my musings on this blog shows my deep concern about what is about to be inflicted on the life in this lake. I can only hope that life will return to it... soon... and that the lives of the turtles, birds and other species that depend on what will be killed will not themselves be too affected.

BC Fisheries is confident enough that aquatic life will return that the plan is to start restocking the lake as soon as ice is off next spring - i.e. by late April. Fingers crossed that they're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be published after moderation.